Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

As an all around cartoon enthusiast, I'm really excited about the upcoming Cartoon Network premiere of The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack.

Flapjack was created by known story board artist Mark "Thurop" Van Orman who has worked on other Cartoon Network originals such as Camp Lazlo and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. The cartoon features Flapjack, a naive young boy who wants to be an adventurer, Bubbie, a whale with a mommy complex, and Captain K'nuckles, a washed-up pirate who's crazy schemes always seem to get the group into trouble.

On first viewing every cartoon fan should recognize that the voice behind K'nuckles is Brian Doyle-Murray who, aside from his film career, is well known as the voice of The Flying Dutchman on Spongebob SquarePants and Coach Gills on Cartoon Network's My Gym Partner is a Monkey. If character voices don't amuse you, maybe the gritty art style will. Check out the website for art, video clips and more!

You can also catch previews in and around Chowder's time slot. The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack premieres June 5th at 8:30 PM.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I too have fallen in love with this cartoon and the word "Adventure!" I don't get every Saturday morning off like I used to when I was a kid, so to compensate I stream my live TV onto my Android. Now with Sling Adapter technology I can still watch my 'toons while commuting to work at DISH Network or waiting at the DMV. Believe me, I can't get enough of these new gritty cartoons coming out!