Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Eddie Is Dead?!

When I saw the news that teen idol Corey Haim passed away my mind started spinning. I couldn't place him.

I've never been very good with movie or music trivia. I can't really name celebrities unless they are super iconic or I become a big fan of their work. I'm not proud of this so in order to broaden my trivia horizon I had to look him up.

That's when I found something I recognized but wasn't expecting. Corey starred in a full motion SEGA game called Double Switch. A game I wouldn't have bought but it just so happened to come with my SEGA CD. This person everyone else knew as Corey I knew as Eddie.


I never beat the game and didn't find out until today that Eddie wasn't the good guy he appeared to be. I'm sad. I liked Eddie. I wanted to help him. Even if this wasn't one of my favorite games I felt attached to the character as I played. These days I try to do my homework to discover the people behind the characters I enjoy. I'm sorry I didn't recognize you sooner Corey. Thanks for the memory.

I need to go back and play this game. I am now aware that R. Lee Ermey was in it as well.

No comments: