Friday, December 7, 2007

deviantArt's New Folder Feature and More

deviantArt is really an amazing artists network once you get past the less than "artistic nudes" and "fetish portraits." I have always loved the "watch this deviant" feature that keeps you up to date with your favorite artists and friends work. Also the ability to pick, save and display favorites is a great way to support other artists.

I joined on Dec. 20, 2003 (I know this only because the site makes a record public on your page for all to see). I don't really remember how I came across DA, but it has graced my browser almost daily ever since. To date, I have had 27,528 page views (which reminds me I should set my next Kiriban at 30,000). I don't go a day with out receiving at least one favorite or one comment from another artist or art fan. I love feedback! Even critical comments! I believe that practice and feedback are the two main elements to learning about and improving upon your art.

Although I've been a member for a long time, it wasn't until recently that I subscribed and began to use some of the more advanced features of DA. As you can see on the right side of my blog navigation I am using both the RSS feed and "Pasties" features that DA offers. This updates the display here on my blog whenever I submit a new deviation. Isn't that convenient, not to mention awesome? Yesterday I noticed the new folders feature which lets your organize your gallery. I love it. Not only is it functional, but it looks great! I just hope that they continue to develop it so it will be possible to put folders inside of folders some day.

There are a lot of awesome features for regular (free) members and subscribers alike. If you're an artist and you haven't given DA a chance you should really check it out! If you are a member and haven't looked into Pasties, RSS feeds, Folders and the other great features, what are you waiting for?!

No comments: