Sunday, March 23, 2008

Netscape is dead, It has ceased to be.

Old but important news, AOL has officially announced that they will end the development and support of Netscape browsers.

I remember Netscape. It was the first browser that I ever laid eyes on. I was in the seventh grade when we were first introduced to the internet. We were to research a class project dealing with our future career choice. It was then that I did my first web search. My topic? SEGA!

Anyway, I was fascinated by this Netscape thing. I didn't understand it at the time, begged my parents for it, they understood it even less than I did. Little did I know that three years later I would be playing with html and making stupid fan web "shrines"... Little did I know that thirteen or so years later I would be making a living working with the internet.

Thanks Netscape...

Read AOL's Official Release Here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember Netscape Navigator...I used it for the first time to research frogs or something in the third grade. Then I had OANet...it was free but slow.

I never really thought about it, having grown up with the internet, but it is pretty amazing, how fast technology changes.