Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a safe and happy holiday season. A lot of good change happened for me last year, the holiday season itself was one of the best I've ever had. Still, I was happy to see 2007 go. I'm looking forward to 2008 for many reasons. A new year means new inspiration for me, both personal and professional.

I can't say that I've ever really taken the New Years Resolution thing that seriously. Aside from the yearly resolution to get more active and lose weight, the last few years my main resolution has been to reclaim my creative inspiration that I felt had dwindled since the glory days of my online comic "Dragon's Pride."

Although my daily out put of personal drawings may never be as high as it was in 2004 - 2005, I feel that I've accomplished a new level of quality in my drawing and digital color work. That doesn't mean that I don't still have a long way to go, but shouldn't it be more about quality than quantity when it comes to this kind of thing?
This year I'm taking a big step in my personal art career, I've reserved a table for the artists alley at Tekkoshocon 2008. I look forward to what the experience has to offer.

I am really enjoying being back in web design. I'm actually pleased for once with my own personal website. It's exactly what I wanted it to be, a pleasant mix of my personal art that still features my professional work, sure it's a little busy but so is my life and my overactive imagination. This year I am looking forward to learning more web languages, discovering new networking websites and designing new sites to add to my portfolio. I look forward to returning to work tomorrow and setting a schedule to update the featured content on the imprint websites as well as looking for online tutorials and web classes that I can work on in the event of downtime.

I haven't been this excited or confident about my future in a long time and I'm not afraid, I'm not even that worried, I'm going to make this year what I want it to be.

No comments: